Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Happy Birthday Little One

Two years ago yesterday, on a Saturday in central China, our son was born and dropped off outside of a middle school.  He then was placed in the Weinan City Children's welfare institution until November 4, 2013 where he was placed into the arms of his forever family.



Sometimes I catch myself looking at him in awe, wondering what the first 20 months of his life were like.  How has his little two year old brain adapted to the unnaturalness of raising oneself without parents?  Occasionally, I even daydream that it isn't real.  My sweet and beautiful son?  There is no way he had a period of 20 months alone and without me.....say it ain't so.


Jacob has exploded with development.  He definitely still seems younger than his two years of age but his curisoity and love of learning are a sight to behold.  I love to watch him discover new things, and the way he catches my eye when he hears a new sound that he can't quiet identify melts my heart.  It is remarkable to walk beside a child in discovery. 


God has been so good to us!  We have walked and even basked in the freedom that Christ brought two thousand years ago when he promised us forgiveness and redemption.  Never have we needed it more than now.  Never have I been so thankful.

Happy Birthday dear son.  You have led me time and time again to the foot of the cross.  The best gift that I can offer you on this your birthday......that I may help you do the same.  I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment